How We Help
The goal of the OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County (OMJ|CC) Youth Program is to provide youth with every opportunity to meet their academic, post-secondary education and employment goals. OMJ|CC provides services through the Young Adult Resource Center and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Service Providers.
Young Adult Resource Center (YRC)
Located at the OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County, 1020 Bolivar Road, 2nd floor, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, the Young Adult Resource Center (YRC) is a drop-in center for young adults ages 14 – 24. The YRC is open Monday thru Friday from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Visitors can receive employment and career planning assistance, educational support, and case management services. Specific services include:
• Referrals to year-round WIOA Youth Providers and other community partners
• Career pathway training
• GED tutoring and practice test
• Career exploration tools
• Case management/community resources and referrals
• Computer Lab for Internet
• Job Search Job Club – to share openings and learn tips on securing a job
• Workshops, including: Resume Writing, Interviewing, Professional Etiquette, and Time Management
to sign-up for a workshop at the YRC.
Orientations are held at the YRC every Monday at 12 pm and 2 pm.
to sign-up for an Orientation to learn more about the YRC and get started on a career pathway.
to learn more about Career Online High School
More information about our Young Adult Resource Center is available at (216) 664-3352.
Workforce Opportunity and Investment Act (WIOA) Youth Program
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program provides year-round employment, academic, and training services to out-of-school youth between the ages of 16 and 24 and in-school youth between the ages of 14 and 21. The program targets youth with barriers to employment.
The WIOA Youth Program provides the following program elements:
Click the links below for a directory of 2016 – 2017 WIOA Youth Service Providers
Out-of-School Youth Provider Directory In-School Youth Provider Directory
- Tutoring, study skills, and dropout prevention
- Alternative education
- Paid and unpaid work experiences
- Occupational skills training
- Leadership development
- Supportive services (transportation, child care, work uniforms, tools, etc.)
- Adult mentoring for 12 months
- Follow-up services for 12 months
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Education offered concurrently with, and in the same context as, workforce preparation activities and training
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Provision of labor market information
- Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to post-secondary education and training.